2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor At A Glance
Do you like this Story?
|PDF File (76.36 KB):||2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor Specs|
Available with either front-wheel drive or full-time all-wheel drive, the American-made 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor (built at Mitsubishi’s manufacturing plant in Normal, Illinois) is a workhorse crossover-type mid-size sport utility vehicle that features all of the roominess, comfort and versatility of an SUV but with a much more car-like driving demeanor.
The Endeavor is available in two trims: a well-appointed 2WD LS model and the luxuriously-laden SE version. Both are powered by a refined 3.8-liter SOHC 24-valve V-6 engine that delivers 225 horsepower at 5,000 rpm and an impressive 255 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,750 rpm. A smooth-shifting 4-speed automatic transmission that features Mitsubishi’s Sportronic shifting technology allows the driver to manually control gear shifting when desired, ideal when towing a trailer up a grade or when an enthusiast driver meets a winding ribbon of pavement.
The ruggedly handsome Endeavor scores exceptionally well in the area of safety. In frontal offset crash testing, the Endeavor scored the highest ranking (“Good” overall) awarded by the Insurance Institute for Highway safety (IIHS). And in crash testing performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), it achieved 5-Star ratings for both frontal (driver) and side impact (front and rear seat) evaluations. An advanced dual front air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with occupant sensors; rollover-sensing side curtain air bags; front seat-mounted side-impact air bags; and an anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Active Stability and Traction Control (ASTC) and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) are included on every Endeavor.
The 2WD Endeavor LS features a long list of amenities including a hands-free Bluetooth® system with voice recognition, cruise control with steering wheel-mounted switches, an impressive 140-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3 playback capability along with 6 speakers and power windows, mirrors and door locks.
The Endeavor seats five comfortably in its expansive 76.4 cu. ft. of cargo space with the rear seats folded flat (40.7 cu. ft. in the rear cargo section with the rear seat backs in the up position).
Thanks to a ride height of 8.3 in. and a full-time all-wheel drive system (available on the Endeavor SE model) that splits engine power 50:50 between the front and rear wheels, this venerable Mitsubishi sport utility vehicle can tackle poor road conditions and light off-road duty with ease.
|Height:||67.3 in. (roof); 69.6 in. (roof rails)|
|Curb weight:||3,891 – 4,178 lbs.|
|EPA Fuel Economy||City||Hwy|
|Endeavor SE (2WD)||15||21|
|Endeavor SE (4WD)||15||19|
Major Standard Features
- 140-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3 playback capability and 6 speakers
- Hands-free Bluetooth system with voice recognition
- 17-in., 7-spoke alloy wheels with 235/65R17 all-season tires
- Active Stability and Traction Control (ASTC)
- Air conditioning
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Cruise control with steering wheel controls
- Dual-stage front airbag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors
- Front seat mounted side-impact air bags
- Rollover-sensing curtain side air bags
- Engine immobilizer with anti-theft alarm system
- 12 V power outlets (two)
- Keyless entry
- Body colored mirrors and door handles
- Power windows, locks and mirrors
- Rear tinted privacy glass
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Towing prep package
- Tubular roof rails
- 360-watt Rockford-Fosgate® Acoustic Design Premium Audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and steering wheel audio controls
- DVD-based navigation system with 7″ touch screen
- Rearview backup camera
- 18-in. 5-spoke alloy wheels with 255/55R18 all-season tires
- SIRIUS® satellite radio with 3-month prepaid service
- Air conditioning with automatic climate control
- Cargo cover
- Heated front seats
- Leather seating surfaces
- Power glass sunroof
- Power driver’s seat
- Driver’s seat pocket